Friday, June 17, 2011

The trouble with jogging is...

.. that the ice falls out of the glass.


I think if i had the opportunity to trade jobs with anyone - it would be this lady, Paige Smith. I recently ran across her blog and I'm in love. Not only is she super cute, but she is super talented too!

Paige is a print designer based out of Philadelphia, PA who has worked with with the one and only, Lilly Pulitzer (among others). On the Lilly blog, I found where Paige explained one of her prints, "Let them eat cake."



(Picture/story via Lilly blog)

“Doing all of the impressionist inspired prints for Spring 11 took me back to my time spent studying abroad in France. One of the most memorable experiences there was having lunch at Laduree in Paris on the Champs Elysees. I remember looking at the rows and rows of confections, each treat a work of art. The pistachio and strawberry macaroons were my favorite! Drawing the cakes took me right back to that day, I had cravings for sweets the entire time I was working on it! I also got to visit the Prelle Showroom while I was in Paris, an amazing Textile house that made fabrics for Marie Antoinette. When I returned home from France I was a little obsessed with the Marie Antoinette Movie, I think it helped with the culture shock. The movie used Prelle fabrics and confections from Laduree. I recommend putting on the “Let Them Eat Cake” dress and getting inspired by Marie Antoinette’s decadent fabulousness!”

Le sigh...back to selling paper...

Till next time-
M

No comments:

Post a Comment