Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Guilty!!

(Once again, if you haven't read about my DC "experience" go here, and here).



Late last night, I got news on my court case. Both men have plead Guilty, which means that there will be no trial! Hurray! It feels good to finally have some sort of closure in this. These men are off the street for a very long time, and I couldn't be happier knowing that.

{via}

I was told that I am going to receive something in the mail that I will need to fill out for the Judge determining the sentencing to read beforehand. They want to know my thoughts on what I'd like to see in the sentencing and also how this incident has impacted my life. I really feel like this played a huge roll in my life since it occurred. I appreciate everything and everyone I have in my life now, not that I didn't before - but I am now more focused on being outwardly thankful and I try to make it shown, verbally and physically, how much I care for the one's I love.

..but with the positive, also comes the negative..

I am definitely more paranoid about my safety and more distrusting about strangers than I ever have been before. For example, I was taking an afternoon walk with a dear friend a few weeks ago and I heard running behind me. The noise of quick feet on pavement really scared me - as that is what I heard right before I saw the man with the gun in DC. It brought back a horrible moment and it took me a really long time for my heart to stop racing and my anxiety level to go down. I have found in the past few months, this has been happening frequently. Just the little things cause me great anxiety.

I'm feeling really thankful in a lot of ways regarding this case. Thankful for the cops who caught the men and got them off the street, thankful for the Judge allowing me to share my story and thankful for my friends, family and coworkers who have helped me through these past few months.
With time, I know I will get past this.

{via}

Just wanted to share the good news!

Happy Tuesday to you all!

Till next time-
M

No comments:

Post a Comment