Thursday, October 6, 2011

Governor's Cup

Last night, A and I attended the kickoff for October Wine Month at the VMFA (Virginia Museum of Fine Arts) - which is one of my favorite places here in Richmond.

A is a big supporter of VA wine, so it was exciting to see and meet the difference vineyards.

{via}

During the event, the winner of the 2011 Governor's Cup of White Wine was annouced - which was New Kent winery.

I was holding out hope that Barrenridge Winery would win - but, I guess I'm a little biased. Barrenridge was where A and I had our first "official" date while I was living in Roanoke. We couldn't wait to see each other so we met half-way in Staunton, VA. A planned the date - wine tasting and then dinner downtown at Staunton Grocery.

He did pretty well, wouldn't you say?

Cheers!

Till next time-
M

No comments:

Post a Comment