Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Morning laughs

Every morning, while driving to work - I pass by a group of 2-5 guys running around downtown. And every morning I notice that they all look the same; super skinny, wearing short shorts and no shirt, sporting fro-like hair-dos and sweat bands. It makes me chuckle because I always think of the movie Juno:


but most importantly, this kid:



I've never understood the idea of cross country...why would anyone want to run until it hurt or even got sick? Don't get me wrong though, I've been to my fair share of cross country meets - not only did my twin sister run while we were in high school, but my little brother has picked up the sport as well...he even has the same skinny body type and fro-like hair (there's your shout-out Charles!).



Urban dictionary explains cross country running as:
The most difficult sport. Cross country requires both skill and a work ethic. People who don't like cross country are just mad because they can't do it.

Oh..well....maybe they've got a point.

Till next time-
M

1 comment:

  1. Hah I've never understood why you would want to run around in a big circle to end in the same place.

    ReplyDelete